- It is a good idea to work with other organizations in your community. All candidates meetings are a lot of work, and candidates will be more attracted to forums that guarantee a large audience.
- Given the 28-day election period, secure a time and place as early as possible.
- Contact the candidates’ campaign managers and secure a commitment.
- Strike a small organizing committee to deal with site preparation, publicity, meeting format, securing a moderator for the event, etc.
- Establish a candidate liaison person to assist candidates’ arrival and departure and ensure each candidate receives information from your organization.
- Afterwards, send a thank you letter to candidates and additional information you wish to provide.